Waiting for the deadline to officially close off auditions for the VO practice project I'm producing and boy has it been fun so far. With 46+ listened auditions, picking the first people to work with me and get the ball rolling is exciting.
As for the story and writing, I don't plan on having it too structured besides the basic set-up. Kind of want to go at it with an improv approach and develop the story and characters based on what ever ideas come up. Make it more interesting and challenging. It's a different concept than having every single detail and trying to hit everything right on the nail and I feel it'll be freeing. Got the idea from past improv teachings and experiences, as well as Rick and Morty (one of my favorite shows EVER).
"ooooOOOOooo YEAH! CAAAAAN DOOOOO!"
As the 2nd week comes to a close, just a list of a few random things I did and have on my plate:
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE VO
- Cast/Direct/record/edit VO practice project
- Directing a short
- Co-Wrote Script for another short which is part of a SUPER series
- Made a new list of auditions to knock out
- Crank out Justice League New 52 fan dub (playing Cyborg)
- Create/build/edit more websites for self & others
- Exercise (physically, mentally, creatively)
- Meetings. Meetings for days.
- Recorded Heroes of the Storm Let's Play
- Started playing Neko Atsume and realized I dig cats with swords and weird outfits.
- Watched The Revenant, The Hateful 8, and Anomalisa in one day with my dope cousin.
- Watched Sisters, the first movie in a while (besides Star Wars) that I watched NOT for work
- Turned Off.
- Finished Season 1 of Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
- Signed up for VO events, VO Buzz Weekly 200th Episode taping here I come!
- Awaiting for MoCap classes via MoCap Vaults
- Making plans to attend Anime Impulse
- Helped choreograph fights for a short
Blah that's enough for now. Goals for the week is to knock out those auditions, practice more, and GRIND. Get everything done on my to-do list and keep it going. Basically...
"Show up every day prepared to kick ass, and if there isn't any to kick, kick your own."
Thanks for reading! Have a great week!